Monday, June 21, 2004

No, I don't want to sleep at night...

There is something about the night that I love. Half the world sleeps while I wake. The quietness belongs to me alone. That pleasant solitary it offers, irresistible to me.

A great sense of freedom, of being awake in the night. Without the world to watch over me, naughtiness overcomes me. I can be totally crazy and carefree.

A Peter Pan awakens within when darkness falls. Flying free through the dark skies, breathing in the beauty of the night. My little brown fur ball, my Tinkerbell. Stirring in his sleep occasionally, stretching that fat, lazy body of his. Rolling around, sleeping in his funny and adorable postures. Making me laugh, that wonderful magic he possesses.

Put on some music. Dancing without a care in the world, like a Broadway musical star. Crooning along to the songs, the chirping crickets and croaking frogs are my background vocals. My Tinkerbell, my only audience.

Listening to Jamie Cullum's, "Singing in the Rain". Imagining myself in the rain, dancing like Gene Kelly - the way that he did. Who's there to laugh at me? Except the moon and stars above. And perhaps, my Tinkerbell.

So, no. I don't want to sleep when the night beckons. Let the world sleeps for me. I want to be wide-awake. I want to be crazy and carefree...


No comments: