Friday, June 11, 2004

Just the islands...

Tioman Island, Malaysia. Ko Samui; Ko Phangan, Thailand. Beautiful islands - places where I can escape to and leave behind the worries of the world. Where I can do absolutely nothing. With nothing else, except the sun, the sand and the sea...

Lying on my hammock, hanging from a small, wooden hut. Book in my hand, or just without. Lying there lazily, doing absolutely nothing. The warmth of the sun on my skin. The sea breeze in my hair. Breathing in the salty, tangy air. The mix of the hypnotic sound of the waves with the jazz on my player - the most relaxing music I ever heard...

In the night. The whole island veiled by the moonlight, by the starlight. Me, lying on my hammock still. Looking up into the dark sky, few clouds strolling by. Stars, shining brightly as ever. Orion's Belt, the only constellation I know.

Rainy afternoon. Opened the door and windows, just to let all that cool fresh air into my hut. Hammock wet from the rain, curled up on the bed instead. Looking out dreamily, enjoying every bit of this rainy day. With the rain singing the lead, the waves as the background vocals.

Lying on the beach underneath the star- and moon-lit sky, on the mat and against the cushions. Beautiful cocktails and delectable finger food. The sounds of the waves and those seductive salsa music. The feel of sea breeze caressing my skin. Dim oil lamps adding mood to the already perfect ambience. Playing the sand with my feet. At this moment, life can't get any better than this...


No comments: