Friday, October 01, 2004

Singing in the rain...

Meandering in the rain with an umbrella in my hand; I held it against the grey and dismal-looking sky. My umbrella, white and baby blue, merry shades of a clear, sunny sky. Colours so exuberant and blithe, they tinted the sky into a jovial hue.

Under the showery sky, I jumped and hopped. Under the willowing trees, I skipped and pranced. Frolicking with the water puddles, humming "Singing in the Rain". Took a glance around and made sure I'm out of anyone's sight. Leaped into the rain, and onto the pebbled pavement. Did my little Gene Kelly dance, crooning away like he did, twirling that cheerful-coloured brolly in my hand.

Nearby, a stranger quietly stood. He gave an applause at the end of my little dance. Startled though I was, I blushed and gave a sheepish bow. To my only audience, I waved him goodbye. I bestowed a last bow like any good performer will do and gracefully egressed...


No comments: